Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Gobbling at Hands on Tuesday

It was Hands on Tuesday today at the York Public Library in York, Maine.  I found inspiration from Pinterest, which had a wide variety of paper turkeys that had upside-down hearts for the bodies.  I had to prepare 20 kits, so I used as many of my Sizzix dies as I could to so I could make up the project quickly and easily.  

For the tail, I used the Sizzix Bigz Pro "Circle Scallop" to make the back of the turkey plume.  I cut 60 smaller scallop circles from a gorgeous assortment of BoBunny's "Forever Fall" paper collection using Sizzix "Flowers" Framelits dies so the kiddos could have their choice of three die-cuts to enhance their turkey tail.

I used scissors to hand-cut both the oval red faces and the beaks.  I made a stack of 6"x6" dark brown papers as well as 4"x4" rust paper for the kids so they would be able to die-cut the turkey bodies themselves.

Putting the ridge-side down,

 . . . the kids made their Sizzix sandwich, starting with all tabs closed on the Sizzix Big Shot Adapter Pad, adding the base cutting pad, paper, the largest of the Sizzix Framelits "Hearts #2" dies (ridge side down), then adding the top cutting pad.  The whole sandwich gets rolled through the Sizzix Big Shot die-cut machine . . .

 . . . and {PRESTO}: a perfect heart!

Next, they repeat the process with the second-to-the-smallest of the five hearts in the Sizzix die set . . .

 . . . and the turkey bodies are done!

The assembly begins with the tail base, then adding the three Forever Fall die-cuts.

The upside-down-heart turkey body and head get added . . .

 . . . and finish with the red face, orange beak, and googlie eyes.

My kiddos are going to love this little critter when they see him after they get off the bus today.  Our first holiday creation of the season!

Now tell me, do you think I love working up theses project, or what?  Look at these guys at Hands on Tuesday at York Public Library today!  Too fun!


If you have an organization that's looking to bring in a craft project to your event, I'd love to hear about it.  Kids, seniors, professionals, stay-at-home-moms, moms-to-be, and brides to be (heck! even grooms-to-be!) - crafting is fun & creative.  I'd welcome the opportunity to create customized paper crafting projects that fit YOUR theme.  I encourage you to contact me at NewEnglandPaperCrafts (at) gmail (dot) com about collaborating together.

Happy Day, Laurel

Laurel Lee Pollard, Online Publisher, Promoter
New England Paper Crafts
"Ensuring the inspiring world of paper crafts continues to bloom."


Let's connect!  Find me at:

No comments:

Post a Comment