Tuesday, August 12, 2014

2014 CHA Paper Arts Show: Part IV

Hello, Gorgeouses!

I'm back with more from Craft & Hobby Association's Paper Arts Show that enticed independent retailers to the wonderful city of Atlanta from July 29th to July 31, 2014.  You in case you missed any of them, you can find Part I HERE, Part II HERE and Part III HERE.

Penny Black is a wildly popular paper crafting vendor here in New England.  Going to a trade show for our independent retailers is a MUST because this is the first opportunity to view their *NEW* offerings.  Penny Black does not disclose product previews in advance, which preserves the integrity of the trade show experience.

I'm going to lead with my personal favorite *NEW* release from Penny Black, "Berry Merry Christmas" . . .

. . . the designer used a technique with the "Winter Watercolor" Collection that makes it really distinctive.  I hope loads of indies work up this technique, because it's gorgeous ~

Penny Black project boards incorporated plenty of color this season . . .

. . . and the details were amazing.

Including this poinsettia design.  It's a must-have.


I was grateful they had their designs cut for the show.  It was a big help envisioning what the die cuts would look like . . .

 . . . and offered a blank canvas to consider ways to interpret them.

Lastly, Penny Black had our darling Chickadee.  What a wonderful tribute to the wonderful bird that braves the Northern Winter with us here in New England.  Can you even STAND how gorgeous this design is?

Oh, my goodness, what a wonderful time I had getting to know Judi Iperma at the show.  She's the owner and amazing designer from Instant Impression of Orland Park, IL, where she specializes in event design.  She was the one who introduced me to these "Box Cards."   She mentioned that the 3-D design for the box is readily available online . . .

. . . and the beauty of the 3-D box design is that it folds flat to be able to fit into an envelope.  So smart.  The irreverent Art Impressions carries stamp sets that coordinate beautifully with them.  Thanks for the tip, Judi!

Doodlebug was next up on the schedule.  A perennial favorite in our region, the booth was hopping the whole show.

Here's a little peek at what you can expect in your local independent paper arts retailer this fall ~

Goodness!  Don't we just LOVE Doodlebug's coordinating product line?

I was loving the introduction of purple to the winter blue collections at the show this year, and Doodlebug captured the trend nicely with "Frosty Friends."

Little B was a *NEW* product line at the CHA Show.  Their booth was certainly busy throughout the show.

Little B started the show with a well-thought-out bag stuffer to introduce their brand to show attendees.  I can tell you, every single one of these little presents was appreciated by a grateful audience ~

Little B's signature pull bows were given out as gifts from their booth.  Later, they were spotted being carried carried by innumerable show attendees as they worked the show floor.

While their product line was quite diverse . . .

. . . which included my personal favorite, dies, . . . 


.  . . . and their embellishments were VERY distinctive . . . 

 . . . and their packaging was clean and fresh . . .


 . . .  and they had a mountain of designs in every category to choose from . . . 


 . . . that went on and on . . . 

. . . which had details to DIE for . . . 


 . . . ALL the talk at the show was Little B's washi tape! **This particular package design has the tape cutter built right in.**

Walls and walls of washi tape!

I'm going to post these photos extra large, which might skew the placement on this blog post, but I really wanted to give you a view of the trendy designs and sizes and material Little B was offering in washi tape.  

Like many of you, I can LOADS of washi tape, so I dearly appreciated the ability to purchase individual rolls.  It affords me the opportunity to buy exactly what I want without overloading my storage space with items that I'm not totally in love with.  Unfortunately, there's little from Little B that I'd be a able to pass up ~

Never fear, my crafty friends, there's MORE to see from the Craft & Hobby Association's Paper Arts Show, coming up NEXT, which you can find HERE!

I'd be interested to hear what you think of the Craft & Hobby Association's Paper Arts Show.  Leave me a comment and let me know what's peaking YOUR interest.

Craft On, Laurel

Laurel Lee Pollard, Online Publisher, Creative Community Organizer
New England Paper Crafts
"Ensuring the inspiring world of paper crafts continues to bloom."


Let's connect!  Find me at:

No comments:

Post a Comment