Thursday, May 10, 2012

You can do it!

* This post is for my wonderful friends of my facebook page.  I appreciate every "like," "comment," "share," and message you send.  It's a joy to work in the "virtual world" with all of you every day.*

I'd like to share a celebration with you: I created and added a Pinterest app to my facebook page timeline!  Woo Hooo!

First off - if your business doesn't have facebook fan page associated with your profile, get one.  The beauty of facebook is the social network - the "sharing" we can do with your posts.  And facebook pages generate a LOT of traffic.

So, while we're working on our facebook pages, we can see your public profile, our facebook page can't "like" your facebook profile and we definitely can't LINK to you.

**Do you wonder how those blue hyperlinks get into the posts?  Type "@" before the name of the page you're mentioning - eg: @New England Paper Crafts.  It'll auto fill.**

OK - you already have a facebook page.  You realize the traffic generated by Pinterest far exceeds what twitter can do for you.  So you want to add the Pinterest app to your page's timeline.  But the Pinterest app will only link to your profile page.  no, No, NO!!  We're building our facebook page, after all!!

What to do, what to do . . . CREATE your own Pinterest app!  YES!  "I can do it, and you can TOO!!"

Blogher to the rescue!!  Here's the link to the step-by-step instructions: 

Now, I'm no coder, but I knew the Pinterest app for my facebook page's timeline was exceedingly important.  I threw caution to the wind, followed Blogher instructions and DID IT!! and YOU CAN TOO!!  Go get 'em, tiger!

** Update: I recommend taking Blogher editor's advice and go for adding the "pins" to the page URL (you gotta read the article to know what I'm talkin' about).  Without it, you can't link into Pinterest, which is the whole point, right??  Even using "pins," it will take work for your fans to get into Pinterest, but at least they can "get there from there" ~

Happy Day, Laurel Lee Pollard

No comments:

Post a Comment